"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sunday Stealing: The Unknown Author Questions

I need a Nap!

Sunday Stealing: The Unknown Author Questions 

Apologies.. this is late because I can't see well.
But thank you Bud for posting a Sunday Stealing each week.  

1. if someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
Read: The Book of Hopi
Watch: I can't think of anything for this one.
Listen to:  is answered in # 29

2. have you ever found a blogger who thinks just like you? if so, who?
First of all let me say that I've taken you all into my heart.
Philosophically speaking, I'm more of a radical than anyone, but CountryDew comes the closest to thinking as I do. And, I also would pick Bev and Kwizgiver for that, though they, like CountryDew,  are much more "demure".  I'm notoriously reckless.

3. list your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
If this is about TV, I'm lost.  I would like to be like Pollyanna without her more annoying characteristics.  

4. do you like your name?  is there another name you think would fit you better?
Generally speaking, I do, though I really wish my mother, who named me, would have given me 
her second name.

5. do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? do you identify yourself by the things you do?
Human Being because I was born to be an artist, and that never happened.

6. are you religious/spiritual?
I am a believer in avatars and in Christ's message.  I can't abide "Christianity, as it is now practiced, however. 

7. do you care about your ethnicity?
Since I keep no "customs" of either Europeans or Native Americans, that would be a "no".  I do identify most with my French, Welsh, Scots-Irish, and Native American ancestors.  

8. what musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime?
The Romero Brothers, Julian Bream, and Chet Adkins.  Anyway, there's also a lot of Guitarists.

9. are you an artist?
I create jewelry, and can sketch, paint and carve very well so yes.

10. do you have a creed?
"Just Love Them"  That was one of the instructions and/or duties given the Dalai Lama when he was a child. 

11. describe your ideal day.
I would step out of the RV, Mr.Z would hand me a cuppa.  The kids would arrive and we'd eat breakfast.  I would take out my knitting, and they would go on a hike.

12. dog person or cat person?
I love them both, but will never have another cat.  Milo was our last cat and losing him was heart breaking.

13. inside or outdoors?
I love the great outdoors.  I am a nomad at heart and could happily travel around seeing America for the rest of my life. But there will be no more tent camping, sadly, which is the best of all worlds.

14. are you a musician?
No, but I can play the guitar.

15.five most influential books over your lifetime.
Well, one masterpiece has six volumes.  I'll count it as one. History of Western Civilization, by Will and Ariel Durant.
Jules Verne's book, Mysterious  Island
The Tao de Ching

16.   if you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same?
no

17. would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”?
If it's anything like Facebook, I wouldn't touch Tumblr with a ten foot pole.

18.   what’s your patron-us?
I don't have one, but three.  So, I'll say it's St Theresa of Avila. I've read all her writings and feel closest to her and her gentleness. 

19. which Harry Potter house would you be in? or are you a muggle?
The House with Gandolf in it, if he actually lived in a house.  And, no, I'm definitely not a Muggle.

20. would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else?
Without a doubt I want to live with the Elves.  Middle Earth. I could gaze upon the delicious and  fair Legolas.

21. do you love easily?
Spiritually? Yes.  In corporeal life?  I possess a guarded heart.

22. list the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
(a) sleeping
(b) reading
(c) cleaning and laundry
(d) computers
(e) eating

23. how often would you want to see your family every year?
My kids? Every day they'd want to see me.  No one needs a parent living in their back pocket, but now, I want, more than ever, to live close to them.  They live in a much closer community, and much more humanitarian as well.

24.   have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone?
Mr.Z and I have a very connected consciousness, and this is over great distance.  Their are a few others, too.

25.could you live as a hermit?
As someone has said, as long as I had the internet, yes.  

26. how would you describe your gender/sexuality?
I'll always be a cowboy at heart.  

27. do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you”?
No.  I'm 25 in my mind, riding horses every day.

28. on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin?
That would be a 10.  I don't let others steal my inner peace anymore, though there are a couple of them trying to do just that.

29. three songs that you connect with right now.

1. Into The Mystic, done by Joe Cocker:



2. Jason Becker's "The End of the Beginning"



3. Aliison Kruass, "Down To the River to Pray"



30.   pick one of your favorite quotes.
It's in the side bar of this blog...


"Justice without force is powerless. Force without justice is tyrannical."

~Blaise Pascal~

5 comments:

  1. I love your answers. Thank you for your comments about me. I feel very close to you, too, in our blogs. It always amazes me how that happens. And truly Legolas is the most delicious elf to ever walk the earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that, CountryDew. It's very hopeful to think about like minds out there and a comfort to have met you. Our three mutual memes seem like a home in cyberspace. Really glad to be a part in them.
      Oh, yes. Legolas is truly the most delicious Elf ever to have "lived".

      Delete
  2. Just love them. That pretty much summed up Jesus's message, too. According to the Bible we Christians are supposed to be recognizable by our love that encompasses even our enemies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything you say is true. Jesus wandered around a vast space and must have encountered many other spiritual seekers in that time. Do you know there is a study to determine if a certain visitor, who is revered to this day by certain Buddhist sects, was actually Christ?
      Also: Just knowing that Jesus said that Elijah had come but they "knew him not" is a big,fat clue. How many other Angels come to help we'll likely never know because Those Keys got hidden really fast once again. It's disgusting.

      Delete
    2. PS: In the Navajo emergence myth the Holy People's saying about the definition of evil being "The way to make money" is very appropriate in what happened when the ministers to the charasmatics saw all the riches flowing into the early church. "Deja vu all over again", eh?

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..