"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, January 6, 2018

I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm Saturday 9

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions
every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions! 

Saturday 9: I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm (2006)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

(Want to play along in the meme or see other pages for players?  Go HERE and follow the linkie....)

1) Bette Midler sings about the storm that's raging outside. How's the weather where you are today?
sunny and too warm.  We've had a messed up fall and winter and many of the Carolina Cherries never lost their leaves.  Well, the orchid trees are blooming their heads off.

2) She mentions her gloves. Tell us about your favorite pair of gloves or mittens.
Of all the ones I made, I think I liked the short fingered ones that I gave to my daughters.
Those that didn't show were for Bee.  I will make the ones for the Dominican using the pattern for her gloves, and from  this pattern pictured below.


I hope this now shows.  This is another pattern I made for someone.




Purple Hempathy Fingerless Mitt
These are the fingerless mitts I made for my Elle. 
I might just make these, as she asked me to
make the patients ones like hers. 
ORANGEMITT2
I made a lot more of these than I remember.
That's major surgery for you!
It takes away your brain!


I just figured out how flickr works.  Whew!

3) Does your home have a fireplace to keep you warm?
As does most of California, a fireplace is decorative.  I like ours but it needs an insert that we've never gotten around to purchasing.  It could help keep us warm if we'd ever do that... 

4) Bette's father, Fred, supported his family as a house painter. Have you ever held a job that kept you outdoors a great deal of the time?
Yes, I worked as a carpenter, holidays, weekends and summers, for many years of my youth.  From the time I was 11 until the time I was 19.  

5) Her mother, Ruth, was a talented seamstress. How about you? Can you sew on a button? Raise a hem? Darn a hole?
I sew very well and actually did custom sewing for a few years, plus alterations. I never did re-weaving.  I would have liked to learn but life moved on....

6) 2017 was a big year for Bette. At the age of 72, she opened on Broadway in the revival of Hello, Dolly! and won a Tony. As we kick off 2018, what would you like to accomplish this year?
I want to knit about a dozen pair, one a month, of short fingered gloves.  Anything else that happens is just going to be a side dish of whatever.

7) Bette and her husband Martin have been married for nearly 34 years. Their wedding was officiated by an Elvis impersonator. Are you looking forward to any weddings in 2018?
Nope

8) Bette and Martin are very proud of their daughter, Sophie, now 30, who graduated from Yale in 2008. Do you expect to attend any graduation ceremonies in 2018?
No.  My darling grandnieces won't be graduating that soon.  I think our grandnephew already graduated the Coast Guard.  Sometimes I lose track of things... old timers. 
SOURCE

9) Random question: Yesterday, who did you spend the most time with?
Instagram   I thought the question said what and not who.  I spent the morning with my dog, and then wolfie and Mr. Z.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" 

THIS IS THE FIRST SATURDAY 9 OF 2018!
Let's hope it's a great year. 

13 comments:

  1. I am coming to your house for a few days. Its 5 here in ohio!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Lord that is so freezing! Hope you can stay inside and stay warm enough! Lots of warm and cozy hugs and bear rugs and all such! I feel for you Mary. Stay safe!

      Delete
    2. Or, you can come on over to the warm side. Yes, do it! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I wish I was handy with a hammer! It must be so good to know you can fix things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it was for a long time. Then I started rewiring old lamps,and things not so bulky as building walls, etc. I used to love to keep busy. 🤔 Now I just want to sit around and read or knit, with some tea and chocolate at hand. Good times!

      Delete
  3. The gloves are wonderful! I really like that orangy-red pair (I like fire/fall colors best). I'm sure your daughter's patients will like them. My mom knits chemo caps and lap blankets with a knitting group. Sometimes they do scarves for soldiers and prayer shawls for seniors in the Jewish community. It's great that you can do something you love and help someone else with it. I wish I could knit, but it's a skill I just can't seem to master....or even be adequate at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy, that color was great to knit in because of the brightness and my old eyes, not so much the purple hempathy ones. DARK!
      Before she died, Elle asked me to knit for her friends on the ward. I couldn’t bear it but now, I can. Your mom and her group are very kind to do so much knitting for others. Tell her a big hello from me please. 💗
      Knitting is hard at first, but soon it goes very smoothly. Patience my dear...

      Delete
  4. Instagram? Who you? My sister has lived in a house the OC for over 30 years and I bet that she has never used her fireplace. I need to update my instagram now.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! But that will change quite soon. Only so many Hours in a day, etc......
      See, fireplaces in Southern California are for decor!
      Lol.. you go update Instagram.. go do that... lol😄. I’ll peek in later today. We brought a baby tort in to wake him up and feed him. I need to tend to him this am.

      Delete
  5. I set a knitting goal of 26 items--I made fingerless gloves that I love but I think I like your pattern better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have finished something already, wow! Congratulations! And 26 items is terrific!
      Well, I'm going to be watching my old favorite movies a couple of hours a day so that will help me sit and KNIT. Otherwise I sit and READ! lol

      Delete
  6. The gloves are lovely. I would like a pair of those to wear year round. My hands are always cold. What a kind thing to do for others. Your heart is huge, Zippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind to say so, CountryDew. If you aren't allergic to wool, I can knit you sone. Lord knows, I've got the yarn!
      These mitts are simpler to do, but I still want to make short fingered ones to give them a choice.
      My daughter is the one who wore hers in the hospital and started this ball rolling.
      I am going to be healing my broken old heart in doing this, I reckon, and honoring a "dying wish" as she put it to me in a phone call just a few days before she died.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..