"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Get off my Island!

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on the WTIT Blog with Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim’s questions in our “Previous Victims” widget. (It’s our way of saying “Thanks!”) Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. Cheers to all of us thieves!




I want to get this up fast..  Bev, thank you!  And Bud, too!  This is a great meme and we owe it all to you two!

Here is a link to today's post at Sunday Stealing...go to the Linkie to see other's offerings.


Conversation Starters

Cheers to all us Thieves!

1. What are some small things that make your day better?
You said small things, so here they are: Tea, hot or iced, a little bit of dark chocolate, my MMPOLG, reading, knitting, and getting a shower and washing my hair.  

2. What shows are you into?
The ones I watch on Netflix or Amazon.  Or, sometimes, on PBS

3. What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
There's not a single one that comes to mind that doesn't already exist.  Since I don't watch it, TV is sort of a myth to me.

4. Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?
Elizabeth Warren,for her guts and grit, and her ability to get up everyday and go right back at it again.


5. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
35, but only if other people didn't age, too.

6. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
TV, all of it. Movies?  I won't watch a Zombie Flick (unless it's totally campy.  "Shawn of the Dead" is Campy.)

7. What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
Being Retired and not being in the daily grind.

8. What’s your claim to fame?
Obviously, I haven't got one.

9. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
I'd say cookery and include baking in that.  But there's no way I'm going to cook much of anything again.  I liked to cook a lot, too.

10. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
Books? I like non-fiction or Mysteries.  Movies? I like comedy.

11. How often do you people watch?
I never do just that.  So I guess the answer is, never?

12. What have you only recently formed an opinion about?
The train wreck at the White House. I'm waiting for the body count to do higher.

13. What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
Grinding cabochons.

14. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
2400 miles.  That's the distance from eastern Ohio to Alhambra.

15. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
This will have to be a whole body of work created by the animal rescue people.

16. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
It would have to be about my views on the racial question of marriage I suppose.  It happens, but not as often as it once did, and I just don't, can't, forgive or forget it.  I can't stand bigotry, and just wish to hell it would stop!  

17. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Historical Geology.

18. If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
Everybody eats!  Our dear Harriet once said that in answering a question, and I thought it was TOP! 

Also, I would make sure that my little Island people got great medical care, inviting doctors to build and run the best medical facility in the world, and I'd  tell all the rich, "exploitatives" to get off our Island if they didn't co-operate, no matter what BIG ass country they had come from.  With the conquest of Hawaii is my model, I'd make sure the villains didn't succeed.  I'd make sure my people didn't get thrown under the bus.  

19. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Try putting Earth First.  We'd better save those bees!  

8 comments:

  1. I had to look up #13 and I'm still not sure I get it.

    Can I live on your island???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely you can live on my island!

      And the cabbing YouTube I watched is not the best intro to that art but it's ok. You get an idea of what it entails to make a cabochon. I have the machine he's working on, though the shop had much bigger and better ones.

      Delete
  2. Earth first! Earth first! Earth first! Yes! (You may not be famous but you have superpowers.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, by Golly! Earth First!
      And, you are very kind. And, maybe a little delusional? lol just kidding... Though, you know? I do wish I had such powers. I'd turn the temper tossing despots into little cute babies again and start all over with new families who didn't neglect OR bully them. I think nurture is always going to, forgive me, Trump heredity.

      Gah I can't type!

      Delete
  3. It surely wouldn't be fun to stay young while watching everyone else age, so I'm with you on that. It made me think of my aunt who at 89 used to tell me she just wished she'd die already because her parents, her spouse, her brother (my dad), and most of her friends were all gone. Old age can be lonely enough...staying young and knowing you'd be watching everyone age and pass on would be heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Stacy. It would be very sad. Well, like your dear Auntie. I'm going to go with what a Native American Woman elder told someone about their beliefs: the older tribal members had to pass away to make room for the new babies. So sweet...

      Delete
  4. Stoppin by to say hi... love your island can I join you there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Absolutely! And to get there you click your heels together three times, and say, "There's no Place like Eden", over and over til you are there. I think that's right... ;o) Hope to see you soon!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..